The AFE Research Group, part of the IIASA Biodiversity and Natural Resources (BNR) Program, is looking for a researcher in forest disturbance modeling with an emphasis on wildland fires in Laxenburg (Austria).The focus of the AFE Research Group is to generate knowledge and develop state-of-the-art modeling tools to advance the scientific community and support policies that enable better understanding and management of global and regional agriculture, forestry, and natural land ecosystems.
Main tasks and responsebilities:
- Request and obtain project data from partners or open-sources.
- Process and visualize project data;.
- Contribute to the development of models for other purposes and teams.
- Document model development and methodology.
- Contribute to FLAM development in collaboration with the current team.
- Implement FLAM or related models in various projects, including calibration and optimization.
- Support the team in translating FLAM and related models to different programming languages.
- Participate in and contribute to project meetings and deliverables.
- (Co)-author peer-reviewed publications and deliverables.
- Support senior researchers in research activities
A Master’s degree (or equivalent) in mathematics, environmental science or policy, or a related discipline is required. Applications can be handed in until the position is filled.
For further information, you can use this link.