The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) is the designated focal point in the United Nations system for the coordination of efforts to reduce disasters and to ensure synergies among the disaster reduction activities of the United Nations and regional organizations and activities in both developed and less developed countries. Specifically, UNDRR guides, monitors, analyses and reports on progress in the implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030, supports regional and national implementation of the Framework and catalyzes action and increases global awareness to reduce disaster risk working with UN Member States and a broad range of partners and stakeholders, including civil society, the private sector, parliamentarians and the science and technology community.
This position is located in the UNDRR Office in Bonn, Germany. The Programme Officer will report to the Head of the UNDRR Bonn Office under the overall guidance of the Chief, Risk Knowledge, Monitoring and Capacity-Development Branch. This is a temporary position for a period of eight (8) months
Responsibilities Programme Management Officer:
- Develops, implements and evaluates assigned programmes/projects, etc
- Performs assignments related to disaster loss accounting system and related disaster and climate data analytics, in collaboration with the UNDRR regional offices and headquarter sections
- Researches, analyzes and presents information on disaster and climate data gathered from diverse sources.
- Coordinates policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends in disaster losses and damages, identification of good practices, and preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies,
- Generates survey initiatives; designs disaster data collection tools; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identify problems/issues and prepares conclusions; Translates immediate data requirements into prototype solutions and oversees their subsequent full implementation
Education: An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business administration, management, public administration, political sciences, economics or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Languages: English (required), French (desirable)
Closing Date: 14 March 2023
For further information, use the link below