The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) and the Office for Northeast Asia (ONEA) & Global Education and Training Institute (GETI) are delighted to invite you to register for an Online Workshop on Disaster Risk Reduction, Risk-informed Governance, Finance Mechanisms and Innovative Solutions for Local Resilience organized jointly by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA), through its Project Office on Governance (UNPOG), the UN Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) CIFAL Jeju/Jeju International Training Center (JITC) and the UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) Global Education and Training Institute (GETI) in collaboration with Incheon Metropolitan City and the Ministry of the Interior and Safety (MOIS) of the Republic of Korea, and Making Cities Resilient 2030 (MCR2030).
- Support the localization and implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030;
- Explore the Disaster Resilience Scorecard for Cities, a diagnosis tool for assessing resilience progress and preparing an evidence-based risk reduction and resilience planning
- Get familiar with Making Cities Resilient 2030 (MCR2030) and additional resources to enhance local resilience
- Introduce the Handbook on Strengthening Resilience in Cities and Local Communities through Innovation and Digital Governance as well as the Toolkit on Risk-Informed Governance and Innovative Technology for DRR and Resilience to specifically provide guidance on leveraging data and digital government for DRR and resilience;
- Improve understanding of the 11 principles of governance for the SDGs for building local resilience;
- Introduce disaster risk reduction financing tools and mechanisms for local decision-makers with a consideration of global climate finance.
The workshop will be held online via Zoom on April 11, 13, and 18 from 2:00pm-5:30pm and will be held in English. To register for the workshop, please use the following registration link: https://bit.ly/3RBE11W (interested participants must register by March 31, 2023. Registration may close earlier if the course reaches maximum enrollment).
For further information, please use the link below