In September 2022, trainings on first aid and fire fighting were held in Sri Lanka, Ella. The trainings addressed various actors in tourism and were received with great interest. A total of 88 participants took part in the trainings. The main topics were dealing with burns and the recognition and management of fire-based risks. In addition to the theoretically imparted knowledge, the training also included practical exercises of extreme cases. Under the supervision of an expert, various fire scenarios were simulated and first aid measures as well as fire fighting were initiated and applied.
- IPCC Synthesis Report on the Sixth Assessment Report published
- TV report on Prof. Martin Voss: How crisis-proof is Germany?
- Social Media Analytics by Virtual Operations Support Teams in disaster management: Situational awareness and actionable information for decision-makers
- UBA forecast: Greenhouse gas emissions down 1.9 percent in 2022-More coal and fuel used – more renewables and overall reduced energy usage mute effects
- Statement of the DKKV on mandatory natural hazard insurance as an element of precaution against climate risks